Vida offers £180 refund for poor broker service, loosens criteria – Mortgage Strategy
Vida says brokers can request a £180 refund on their application admin fee if they feel they have been handed poor service from the specialist lender.
The move comes as the firm also unveils a raft of new product and criteria changes.
The business introduces its Vida Service Pledge following the launch of its broker-only V-Hub last December, which allows advisers to speak to experts and underwriters throughout their applications.
Currently, the service answers calls in nine seconds and responds to emails in four hours, the firm points out.
It says brokers can ask for a refund if they “have received anything but excellent service”.
The lender has also made changes to its products and criteria.
Product highlights include:
- 85% loan to value available
- Minimum loan size reduced to £50,000
- Fee saver products available across its entire range
Criteria upgrades include:
- Loan-to-income ratio increased to six times
- Landlords will be considered with no experience for houses in multiple occupation, or multi-unit block purchases
- Multi-unit block lending now available at up to six units
- Only one year of UK residency required on applications
- No restriction on the number of storeys in a block of flats
- No requirement for a lift above the fourth floor
- Flats near to, or above, bars, pubs and petrol stations will be considered
- The list of acceptable visas has been extended
Vida head of intermediary relationships Helen Cawthra says: “As a lending specialist, we are constantly seeking to enhance our offering and to help more people find a place to call home.
“The Vida Service Pledge is just another example of how committed we are to giving brokers the service they deserve. “